Bloodied Backyard Of Alien Bar for PERTH (2004)

After this feature, I had "swore" to myself: "No More Blood!" (which of course my next feature needed a bit of). *SPOILER AHEAD*



Rudimentary fake-blood was concocted from colored cordial/syrup, water-colored paints, Ribena and other food/beverage items I have plain forgotten. The trick was that they have to be washed out immediately after the shoot wrapped for that location, as well as pliable enough to be washed out in-between takes. The possibility of staining the existing floor tiles had to be kept to a minimal. No one concocts fake blood in Singapore, dammit.

At one point in the shoot, as Harry laid down on the ground, thoroughly soaked in sticky-fake-blood, while the crew did their next set-up, both Djinn and I were discussing how the blood-pool was going to flow, when we heard a slight snore. "Harry" (the poor chap) was so tired, he had actually fallen asleep! ... We hadn't the heart to wake him up, until of course when the camera was ready to roll.



Above: The blood-orgy-shot. Both Djinn and I had wanted more blood, but reckon in the end it might've been over-kill. (which was a good thing, because I had only that one pail of blood we made! Yes, I made a PAIL'S WORTH OF BLOOD LOL) ... Imagine washing them away for the next shot ... before the rain poured - now, THAT'S another 'on-shoot superstition story' for another time!

(First blogged in 11.28.2006)

Popular Posts