Creating Lynn's Bedroom (For "Dream Chasers" 2009)


"Dream Chasers" (梦拼图 / Meng Pin Tu) was a 13 x 1/2 hour episodic television series in Mandarin/Chinese language, and broadcast on Channel U in 2006 (before they were absorbed into MediaCorp). I was the Art Director for all episodes, on a two-man "Art Department" (with a Props Master).

The series featured minimal set designs, while primarily focusing on set dressing and art direction of existing outdoor/indoor locations.

Featured here is an exception to what I had mentioned above, and chronicles the creation of "Lynn's Bedroom" (Played by Kelly Poon) and her roommate "Jo" (played by Silver Ang), shot on location.


I originally made/edited this video in 2009, and have since re-edited it (replaced copyright-claimed music) and uploaded this version in 2020.

Featured below are what I think are (because I have obviously forgotten) screen-grabs youtube videos that has since been deleted. I cannot seem to find any traces of this series on youtube, alas ... except for the track "爱无力" sung by Kelly Poon.

This series featured the winners and finalists for Channel U's "Project Superstar" talent show (circa 2005).


I had actually blogged about being on-job for this series in 2006 - something I had actually avoided doing for other projects trying to keep "work" and "hobby" separate, the irony being a whole bunch of images had since been lost due to multiple www-issues (all my Multiply images are wiped out when the platform changed), and the only few archived activity were blogposts such as this... although I still don't recommend anyone blog about their work during working on it (*Copyright issues), nor bitch about it LOL



Above: Existing location.
Below: Shoot Set dressed.



Popular Posts