Art Direction for Dream Chasers / Dream Chaser (梦拼图) 2006



"Dream Chasers" ("梦拼图" / Meng4 Pin2 Tu2) was a 13 x episode television series in Mandarin/Chinese language, and broadcast on Channel U in 2006. I was the Art Director for all episodes.

The series was released as a VCD Boxed Set, and is as well currently watchable/streamable here on meWatch (named "Dream Chaser"). CLICK HERE formal coverage and features on the #andyhengart-blog, cheers.





[ Above featured for "Lynn's Bedroom featured HERE / Images on FB ]



Featured here are selected random snaps of the production (from my dedicated Facebook album), with exceedingly vague behind-the-scenes, primarily because I had blogged about the show on my non-work blog, and had wanted to keep a clear(er) distinction, the result of which is a collection of low-resolution images online, while I'd since lost the data on my hard-drive, as have most of my work pre-2008.



And the lack of online traces of the series is disconcerting, with none too overt archival of the program, which leaves on the series watchable now on meWatch (linked above), so perhaps screengrabs are in order, when I have the time. But first, snaps to share!








As mentioned above, I was the credited "Art Director" for the series, apart of a 2-man Art Department, including a "Props Master" (who actually left "Art" right after this series, and had became a Technical Grip ever since).

The series featured minimal set design, primarily set dressing and art direction, but quite a heavy load on production of graphical support (ie: the student's "school work") in terms of "design sketches", but that was fun to do, I have to admit. Alas I have not kept any of the drawings/sketches, and any digital data has since been lost in my hard drive crash, and change of online platforms (where I'd reside said images). I'll have to attempt to screengrab them (if they ever made it into broadcast though) when I am able to.






I'll end this blogpost with a look at the MV from Singaporean singer and songwriter Kelly Poon, who was the runner-up on the first season of the "Project SuperStar" singing competition held in Singapore. The main cast for "Dream Chaser(s)" featured the finalists and winners for Project Superstar, and would no doubt be termed as a "Idol Drama" in the current generation!

The track is "愛, 無力", from Kelly's debut album "Love Me, Kelly" (2006).

Popular Posts