"I Will Always Be Here For You" by James Lye (1996 Music Video)



The mid-1990s witnessed actor "James Lye", after his successful tint on "Triple Nine" on local tv, which led to the infamous "VR Man"! And while I've unfortunately not been involved in neither "Drama" projects (I was in the Department servicing "Variety" after all), I had a chance to set design for his 1996 music video "I Will Always Be Here For You" (THAT's how HAWT he was), which quite frankly served more as an opportunity to source for kitschy prop items in our Props Store (in the TCS), which quite frankly we had taken granted for, through the years! (I am glad they allowed me to scrounge up these goodies too).


Featured here are some snaps of the props and setting, which in the end game, appeared nowhere besides glimpses of shapes, in between the close-ups of Mr Lye and the girl he was with in the MV (Whom if I am to wrong, was "Charmaine Harn"?) - seen in video clips featured below - Which quite frankly I had seen for the very first time, since researching for this blog-post!

To be honest, I had longed wanted to do more MVs in my career, not least because I had devoured an obscene amount of back in the day, and I've always been the sort who loved to be involved with what I am passionate about (the work/life boundaries always crossed, as far as I am concerned), but through the years, it remained a pipe-dream still, until much later in my career.


Note: The images here were snapped on iPhone of printed and faded 3R photos, and saturated thru the phone filters.

Cheers
Andy Heng

(Also featured here on Facebook)



Above: Short Version of MV
Below: Full Version of MV but dodgy visuals.


Popular Posts