Down At The Docks for PERTH (2004)

Andyhengart Down At The Docks (#PerthPolaroids Set Design)


What would have been a simple setting turned out to be a nightmare for my crew and I (my Property Mistress Sharlynn Soomon, Set Dresser Mus, and myself) for I had wanted to "minimize" the location space (it was a sprawling yard where the lockers were at) Unfortunately the place was littered with greasy and dusty junk and parts, and we spent a whole night clearing it and setting up the shelve which was to divide the space. I had opted for a more monotonous tone for the setting, letting both Harry and AB Lee standout.



Recycled aluminium panels were used to block out the view (this shed looked out into the bust street) and cut out the sound a tad. I'd managed to find some assistance to do that tho, as we (my 3-man Art Dept) were tuckered out as the crew-call was the break of dawn! (we were only allowed a night's setting prior to shoot).



90% of the props used in this set were existing from this location. and all I can say is: "thank gawd for air-conditioned container-offices!" ... below-left is AB Lee's table-top in the office, peppered with naughty-girlie pics and details, which unfortunately, was not seen in the final screen (can't remember if it was actually shot or not tho, come to think of it) - someone's "precious" magazines were sacrificed for this set ... *heh*



(First blogged in 11.28.2006)

Popular Posts