(Initial Proposed) Opening Titles for "Art Nation" (2001)


I had developed a thirst and hunger for creating “opening titles” for television broadcast shows, during the early to mid-2000s, while I was the Creative Director in a local production house (amidst my art direction & production design for films still), having had the multiple cherished opportunities to conceptualize, board and direct shoots, it was my low-impact gateway into production (hardly “filmmaking”, but at least a wannabe taste without the high-stakes responsibilities hahaha).


I’ve had a few personal cherished favourites through the years, the only record of which were a small smattering of concept/storyboards (such as these - I had filmed segments of this on my own, but did not use this edit in the end), with zero moving visuals to show for it (not counting a whole bunch of images lost when my desktop died just before I had Stroke in 2010 too).

This remains a huge part of my career that most folks might not have seen, nor know about, which I’ve since decided to archive regardless. Those were glorious days indeed!


Feature here (above) are the initial proposed concept boards for 2001's "Art Nation" (*which I not so ironically) pushed for a single word "artnation" - very much like "toysrevil" eventually was), which I conceptualised and drew. We even shot some of the seguences too - seen here in my own salvaged clips (since resized by YouTube).


This was what we had eventually went with instead, also conceptualized by myself, with visuals/images created by myself, and came to life via the power of "Editing". Perhaps if ever I find the actual moving sequence, I'd talk on further about that.

Cheers
Andy Heng







Popular Posts